Lieux publics - presentation
Lieux publics, National and European Centre for artistic creation in public place (CNAREP & Pôle européen de production), is based at la Cité des arts de la rue in Marseille. Supported by the French Ministry of Culture, City of Marseille, Conseil régional Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur and Conseil départemental des Bouches-du-Rhône, Lieux publics is managed by the artist Pierre Sauvageot. Lieux publics leads IN SITU, the European platform for artistic creation in public space, with over 20 European partners, co-funded by the European Union since 2003.
Annual average budget: €3 M (including the European part) / 15 permanent employees, 23 full-time equivalents / 1 artistic residency centre. Lieux publics hosts and coproduces about twenty companies in residence every year. It distributes creations and/or events in Marseille and the region and produces and tours of the director’s creations in France and Europe. Lieux publics provides general coordination of IN SITU, the European platform for artistic creation in public space.
IN SITU - presentation
IN SITU is an ecosystem designed to structure the sector of artistic creation in public space, support its artists and improve their visibility. The current cooperation project IN SITU ACT is running until October 2020 and the new cooperation project (UN)COMMON SPACES 2020-2024 will kick off in November 2020.
See the detail of projects, artists and partners here: www.in-situ.info/en/
The communication officer’s mission is to handle the communication of the IN SITU project, in collaboration with the coordination and the administration officers of IN SITU, and more generally with Lieux publics’ team. He/she will work under the authority of the General manager of the IN SITU network and Head of European and international relations, and of the Director of communications of Lieux publics.
Roles and responsibilities
Internal and external strategy
- Participate in the design and implementation of IN SITU's global and activity-based communication strategy, including for the next programme: accessibility of the website, European participative digital community for the audience, customizable communication toolkits for partners, creation of IN SITU narratives (texts, podcasts, videos, photos), good practice guide for audience development…
- Design and implement communication campaigns (brief, calendar, production of content, distribution)
- Coordinate the network's internal communication strategy
- Develop partnerships with the press and web media
Management and coordination of digital communication
- Administer the website www.in-situ.info on a daily basis - update the catalogue, the calendar
- Manage social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo and Twitter): monitoring, writing, editorial planning, community management
- Ensure the editorial review of the contributions to the Blog (IN SITU Narratives) and the Newsletter
- Coordinate campaigns on social networks with artists and partners
- Propose and invent new innovative, fun and interactive communication formats (transmedia, storytelling)
- Design, produce, edit and distribute video and audio content
- Conduct interviews during events, editing (with subtitles)
- Create audio and video content for some artistic projects (editing teasers, aftermovies, etc.)
- Write and create layouts of internal and external documents (editing, press relations)
- Monitor and collect content from partners and artists
Support for coordination
- Coordinate the working group of partners’ communication and audience development referents, act as a permanent relay
- Participate in the preparation of application files, prepare the elements of the interim and final reports for the European Commission: statistical analyses, collection of communication elements of the partners, writing, press review
- Produce communication preparatory documents for network meetings
- Logistical support for the organisation of internal and external meetings
- As required, participate in the implementation of the other activities of the European department of Lieux publics
The job description described above summarises the general points considered as necessary for the position and shall not be considered as a detailed description of the role.
Degree and/or experience in communication (digital and paper)
Significant experience in a European or international project would be appreciated
Very good knowledge of the cultural sector (performing arts, visual arts)
Creative and proficient with image-related, desktop publishing software and sound softwares (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, subtitle management, etc.), CMS, mailings
Perfectly fluent in English (writing, translation, or even occasional interpreting)
Strong writing and oral skills in English and French, ability to summarize, team spirit, versatility, precision and creativity
Job based in Marseille
Specific conditions: availability, occasional travel in Europe
Status/remuneration: permanent contract, non-executive position, group 5 (CCNEAC grid), level to be set according to the experience.
Working time: 35 hours per week, annualized
Syndeac Annual bonus / Meal vouchers / Health benefits
Application: cover letter and CV (you can also attach your porfolio) in French and English, to be sent by email only to Nadia Aguir, Director of International and European Relations (email@example.com) and Benjamin Lengagne, Director of Communications (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline: 2nd of October 2020
Start date: as soon as possible
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE JOB OFFER BELOW, IN ENGLISH AND FRENCH.