Join our team!
A new IN SITU Administration Officier is wanted.
Lieux publics is a National Center for Art in Public space and European production hup, located in the Cité des arts de la rue in Marseille, France. Funded by the Region, the City Council and the Department, Lieux publics also benefits from the continuous support of the European Union since 2003. Lieux publics acts as project lead of the European network IN SITU, bringing together about 20 European partners.
The activities of Lieux publics includes hosting and coproducing unique artistic projects, distributing regional creations and of off-site events in Marseille and its surroundings, managing the Cité des arts de la rue and ensuring the general coordination of IN SITU, the European platform for the artistic creation in public space as well as other international projects.
The average annual budget of Lieux publics is 3,2 M€ (including IN SITU) and the team amounts to 29 permanent members.
The administration officer is fully involved in the management of the European project IN SITU, designed by Lieux publics in collaboration with the partners. He/she is in charge of the administrative and financial management of the project, under the supervision of the International projects manager and the Administrator of Lieux publics.
His/her missions are mainly around the IN SITU activities and the current programme (UN)COMMON SPACES (4M€ over 4 years) but he/she is also involved on other potential international projects under the supervision of the International project manager, including NAJM, a Mediterranean cooperation network.
With the International projects manager:
- participating to building and managing multi-year budgets according to the strategic orientations and with regards to the operational tools;
- gathering financial documents and controlling the eligibility of the expenses of the international projects;
- monitoring the cash flow plan for the accounting department;
- preparing the financial reports and documents related to expenditures;
- follow-up, pre-validation and preparation of the list of expenditures;
- drafting, follow up of implementation of the contracts with partners and artistic teams;
- participation to production of actions (artistic laboratories, hot houses, partners’ meetings etc.)
- follow up of the production of the actions (operational budget, contracts, logistic needs) ;
- potential travels to participate in IN SITU actions
With the accounting department :
- monitoring customer and supplier accounts;
- monitoring the various management tools and dashboards required to manage the project;
- use of dashboards and compliance with administrative procedures set up by the accounting department;
- participation in the preparation of the elements required for end-of-year financial statements.
- higher education;
- experience in managing European funding and programs required;
- excellent knowledge of budgetary and administrative logic specific to European funding;
- very good knowledge of general accounting;
- excellent command of IT tools: project management tools, Excel, File Maker Pro, etc.
- very good knowledge of the performing arts and/or visual arts;
- experience of project management;
- ability to coordinate and work as part of a team and with contacts with European partners;
- fluent English needed;
- excellent writing and speaking skills, ability to summarize.
- Start date: between late January and early February 2024
- Interviews on December 21, 2023
- Permanent contract
- Special conditions of employment: availability, possible travel in Europe
- Status and compensation: Permanent contract, TAM group 5 (CCNEAC scale)
- Annual bonus, luncheon vouchers and health insurance
Letter and resume in pdf format to be sent by e-mail by December 14, 2023 at the latest to: Rosalie Gonzalez, International projects manager (email@example.com) and Patrick Weiler, Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org)