Join our team!
A new IN SITU Coordinator and International activities manager is wanted.
Lieux publics (association law 1901), European and national centre for artistic creation in public space is in the Cité des arts de la rue, in Marseille, France. Appointed by the DRAC (Regional direction for Cultural Affairs), the Regional Council of Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, the department of Bouches-du-Rhône and the city of Marseille, it is directed by the artist Pierre Sauvageot. Lieux publics has benefited from the continuous support of the European Union since 2003, for which it is the coordinating entity of the European network IN SITU, enabling more than 20 European partners to work.
Average annual budget of €3.3 million (including the European share) / 22 permanent employees for 24 full-time equivalent / 1 place of residency. Hosting and co-production of around twenty companies in residency each year. Regional dissemination of the creations and/or events “beyond the walls” in Marseille and in the region. Production and touring of the director’s creations in France and Europe. Animation and general coordination of IN SITU, European platform for artistic creation in public space, as well as other international projects.
She/he will be responsible of the general coordination of the IN SITU network; the administrative and financial management of the European programs led by Lieux publics, in collaboration with the administrator and under the responsibility of the director of Lieux publics.
In connection with the executives and the director of Lieu publics, she/he actively contributes to the implementation of international development, including the coordination of the European network IN SITU, and the new Mediterranean network NAJM.
- Management of a coordination officer and an apprentice
- Collaboration with an international communication officer under the responsibility of the Head of communication and audiences
- Collaboration with an administration officer under the responsibility of the administrator.
- Coordination of the IN SITU network for the project (UN)COMMON SPACES 2020-2024, large-scale cooperation project gathering 19 partners and 13 associate partners
- Coordination of the NAJM network, New Artistic Journeys in the Mediterranean, gathering 12 partners
- In close relation with the administration officer and the administrator of Lieux publics, she/he is responsible of the budget’s monitoring and the compliance with the existing administrative procedures.
- She/he is responsible of the tax and legal regularity of all the procedures instituted by the network (artistic contracts, work contracts, services provision, etc.).
- She/he is in charge of the correct application of the rules and deadlines of the European Commission, she/he informs the director, administrator and partners in time of any evolution.
- Preparation and writing of the project’s reports (intermediate and final).
- Monitoring of the different management tools and dashboards requisite for the project’s management (existence of an IN SITU budget management tool).
- Artistic prospecting on the European territory and study of potential new partners’ integration.
- Commitment on the medium and long-term strategy of IN SITU’s positioning, and to the development and writing of a new program.
- International representation of the IN SITU network and with European authorities (Culture Action Europe, IETM, etc.
- Post-degree education: Master 1 or 2.
- Experience in project management and in a similar position desired.
- Excellent language skills in English and French.
- Experience in management of large-scale European funding and programs required.
- Experience in European funding’s budget and administrative processes.
- Knowledge of general accounting.
- Very good knowledge of artistic creation in public space (live performance and/or visual arts).
- Ability to coordinate and work with a team and referents spread in different European countries.
- Skills in computer tools: project management tool, advanced level in Excel, desktop publishing.
Ambassador, partnership cooperation
- Great writing and oral qualities, sense of synthesis, necessary versatility.
- Great ability to listen and understand, diplomacy, ease to navigate in different cultural realities.
- Position based in Marseille, France.
- Special conditions: availability, regular travel in Europe.
- Status/salary: CDI (permanent contract), executive position, group 3 (grid CCNEAC), level to define based on experience.
- Working time: 35h per week, annualized, day rate.
- SYNDEAC annual bonus / Tickets-restaurants (vouchers) / Mutual insurance.
- Cover letter in French and English to be sent only by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th of May 2022
- Interview the week of 30th of May to 3rd of June 2022
- Starting 29th of August 2022